SOME FACTS ABOUT WEATHERSHIELD HP COVERS
- Weatherproof - Fabric sheds water as soon as it hits the cover.
- Superior Dry Time - Because the fabric sheds moisture it has an absorption factor of only 2%, compared with up to 40% for standard woven and non-woven fabrics. That means, if the cover has been sitting out in the rain you only need to shake it and the residue moisture will easily dry, in the trunk or on the car.
- Breathable - Allows any heat or condensation under the cover to easily escape.
- UV Resistant - Special additives prevent UV degradation and protect the vehicles finish and interior.
- Dust-proof - Patented fiber encapsulation process prevents dust from filtering through the fabric.
- Scratch-less - Polymers provide a silky smooth finish to the fabric and provide superior paint protection. Nextec fabric has been tested at 1,000 cycles on abrasion wheels without scratching (surface must be clean and waxed).
- Durable - The encapsulation process is not affected by heat or cold and the process won't degrade over the life of the fabric.
- Easy Care - Unlike non-woven fabrics you can clean most car-size WeatherShield covers in your HOME washer and dryer.
- Packs Small & Light - All this protection in a lightweight package that packs into 1/4 to 1/2 the volume of multi-layer, non-woven fabrics.
- Four year warranty.
How can you make a fabric that's been selected as an OE choice for luxury, high-performance and specialty vehicles and motorcycles better?
The worldwide patented EPIC by Nextec® finish helps shed moisture and stops dust, dirt and tree sap from reaching your vehicles finish. The fabric "breathes" to allow moisture, condensation and heat to easily escape from under the cover. The encapsulation technology goes INSIDE the fabric, around the fibers, resulting in a silky smooth finish that glides over fine paint finishes.
Nextec engineers have now married solution-dyed fibers to the EPIC finish in an environmentally friendly process that features much lower CO2 emissions! Also called "dope-dyeing" the high-performance polyamide fibers require no dyeing after weaving, saving water and energy consumption and slashing wastewater, a byproduct of traditional surface dye processing. Using solution-dyed fibers can save as much as 1,000 gallons of water for every 1,000 yards of fabric produced!
Color permanency is the key to our new WeatherShield®HP - the color is extruded INSIDE the fibers for maximum fade resistance, NOT a surface dye coating. The result is a cover that's provides all-weather protection, machine washable, fade resistant AND environmentally friendly!
WeatherShield®HP is available in eight colors and you can order your cover in single or two color combinations.