SOME FACTS ABOUT KARGOMASTER SHELL MOUNTED RACK
- 200 pound capacity, limited by camper shell
- Adjustable front foot location will fit short or long bed shells, full size or mini truck shells, cab high or high rise shells.
- Available in gloss black marine grade powder coat only.
- Uniquely designed mount foot can be located at strongest section of shell (right at the shoulder), and is water resistant.
- Top mount feet can be located at any length or width between 39” and 45” apart.
- Rack is 135” long.
Load capacity and safety
We are frequently asked about how much weight our racks will carry. Rack capacity is
different from the amount of weight that can be carried safely by, or without damaging the
body of your vehicle. While our racks are "rated" to carry a certain load, that does not
necessarily mean you can, or should carry such a load on top of your rack! The
manufacturer of your vehicle has specified a GVW (gross vehicle weight) limitation. That
specified carrying limit is designed around the stock springs and tires, and body strength
and other components.
Additionally, you must remember that any load on top of you rack will significantly change
the handling and braking characteristics of your truck and may increase the vehicles
tendency to roll over.
Overloading may also damage the bodywork of your truck. Never exceed the
manufacturers cargo weight recommendations.
Use common sense when loading your vehicle.